OGO™ Origin Composting toilet at a glance
- SMART SEPARATION The tried-and-tested toilet seat separates urine and solids as soon as you use the toilet.
- OPTIMISED CONTAINERS The urine bottle has a capacity of nine litres and is even easier to remove. The solids bucket can now also be easily removed and emptied.
- ELECTRIC AGITATOR Solids and coconut fibres are mixed in the agitator at the touch of a button – odourless, of course!
- NEW DESIGN Cubic, minimalist and with a white sanitary look. The new OGO is a real design object.
- 100% ECO-FRIENDLY No water, no chemicals. The urine bottle is emptied as needed. Odourless compost is produced from the solids. That’s all.
OGO™ – Composting toilet rethought
The new OGO™ Origin combines all the advantages of a well-designed composting toilet with maximum comfort and elegant design. The compact construction and the pure white design make the OGO™ Origin a real eye-catcher. Because it is designed to be even more space-saving, it can also be installed even better in your caravan, boat or tiny house.
The OGO™ Origin is the first choice for all those who do not want to compromise toilet comfort when on the move. It is available now and comes with all the necessary components.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT POWER DOES AN OGO™ ORIGIN NEED? WHY DOES IT NEED POWER?
OGO™ Compost Toilet runs on a 12v DC power system. Most Off-Grid lifestyles still have some power source to run essentials. Whether you have a deep cycle battery and/or utilising one of the many alternative power sources, OGO™ Compost Toilet can be easily wired to the source or you can buy a power adapter for a 240V outlet.
As to why power is required, it is due to the automatic agitation system and venting fan. Anyone that has used a composting toilet system knows hand cranking can become a problem within itself. So, with a small 12V motor and a push of a button no more headache of hand cranking.
See our in-depth article on the OGO’s electrical system.
- HOW BAD DOES HAVING A COMPOST TOILET SMELL?
There is always some initial odour when it comes to our waste. OGO™ Origin has some of the best features and accessories to help reduce any unwanted odours. With a continuous fan, multiple filter assemblies, and each unit comes with a 5ft vent hose.
- IS THERE A LOT OF EXTRA WORK?
No. The OGO™ Origin Compost Toilet was designed with user ease in mind. Based on average use* you will change your solid bin medium every 2-3 weeks and empty your urine bottle weekly. Add a quick spray or wipe it down here and there and you are good to go!
*average use 4-5 times daily
- HOW DO I EMPTY MY OGO™ ORIGIN COMPOST TOILET?
We made that easy too. OGO™ has a removable urine bottle and solids bin. Our patented urine diversion features make sure your waste is easy to dispose of. For more info check out our user manual.
- HOW MUCH DOES THE OGO™ ORIGIN SOLIDS BIN HOLD?
25-30 solids depending on the number of people using it. The cubic volume of the entire solids bin is 12.86L. We recommend starting the fill height of medium about 12-15cm off the bottom of the solids bin. The solids bin has about a 25cm diameter and 25cm height.